Saturday, October 10, 2015

This Week at the Library; or, Back to work!

Just be glad you can't see my sink
What's going on; in my head and at the library
  • Back to work after a week off. My to-do list is crazy and my associate is going to be off-ish for a few more weeks. However, never let it be said that I don't like to tackle a healthy to-do list!
  • One of the schools on Tuesday decided to check out. It was hectic but we got a lot of circulation! I promised staff I'd plan ahead better for this next time. I found a new friend but staff wouldn't let me keep it. Bookaneers didn't start off too well - only three kids and one of those came by accident (she meant to go to the older club next week) and another was only 4. But it's a start! Once sports end more kids will be back I'm sure. I hope. On the bright side I was working on stats and reports and circulation was up in September.
  • Busy. Busy busy busy. I joined in virtually for a panel at Kidlitcon on Friday morning and then to work to get ready for the big Star Wars Celebration. It's been three years since I tried this and I found out yesterday that a few patrons still remember the last one *wince* hopefully this one will go better.
  • It did. I am tired.
Programs
Some projects completed/in progress this week
  • Monthly report and budgeting
  • Catching up on program prep for this week and next week
  • Small grant
  • Starting weeding biographies
Stealth Programs and Displays
What the kids are reading; A Selection
  • How to eat fried worms
  • school group - wimpy kid, minecraft, hunting books, origami, dork diaries, I survived, Bone, famous soccer players (female), Hunger Games (I told them to take Gregor instead) and nonfiction easy readers.
  • Godzilla
  • books on deserts
  • rainbow magic
  • Heroes of Olympus

1 comment:

Mr. Keith said...

Yay! Space Dumplins on your shelf! Just read and loved it. So many good sci fi in-jokes for the adult reader.