Friday, May 22, 2009

The Adventures of Sir Givret the Short by Gerald Morris, illustrated by Aaron Renier

I was so excited when the newest installment in Gerald Morris' beginning chapter book series, The Knights' Tales, arrived! I took Sir Givret the Short home with me - and commenced reading. Remember how much I loooved the Adventures of Sir Lancelot the Great? Well, Sir Givret the Short is even better! Excellent humor (including digs at all that weird language. heh heh.) an unlikely hero, and Morris manages to make marriage problems hilarious and accessible to young readers.

Verdict: I command all thou lovers of humor and writing that doth excel to go forth and peruse this volume!


ISBN: 978-0618777150; Published October 2008 by Houghton Mifflin; Borrowed from the library; Purchased for the library

No comments: