Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Cats' Night Out by Catherine Stutson, illustrated by J. Klassen

Two by two the cats come out, dancing in the city. I liked the illustrations of the various little cats, and there aren't many (ok, I don't know of any) counting by two concept books, but how many kids are going to know what all the dances are? You can't really tell from the cats, although they wear different costumes. I guess I'm kind of prejudiced against dance and music picturebooks in urban settings because we have so many jazz books that hunker down on the shelves and glare at patrons, refusing to be checked out.

Verdict: I'm giving it a miss, but if you have lots of support for dance and music books, you might want this for your library.


ISBN: 978-1416940050; Published March 2010 by Simon and Schuster; Borrowed from the library

No comments: