Saturday, July 9, 2011

This week at the library, what there is of it!

Monday
  • Holiday!
Tuesday
  • I pared our programs down to the bone this week because it's the hiatus between our two summer schools. Lots of people are gone, Ms. P isn't available for storytimes, and I need some time to regroup! I worked on preparing the rest of our summer programming.
  • One of my two programs this week was a late afternoon book club. We had about 10 kids check out the book, Crunch by Leslie Connor, but only 2 came.
Wednesday
  • Messy Art Club today, but I wasn't here for it...I was in Ohio. We had a strong turnout again, about 60 kids and parents came to decorate plastic recyclables and plant peas in them.
Thursday
  • No programs today and I was in Indiana. If you ever have the opportunity to see the Fort Wayne library, do it. It is truly breathtaking, especially if you get to visit all the secret parts in the lower levels!
Friday
  • Just a half day, since I'm working tomorrow. More program planning and preparation...
Saturday
  • Typical Saturday, hordes of people for the first two hours, death for the next hour and 45 minutes, hordes of people for the last 15 minutes. I did manage to get some more of my Preschool Interactive programs planned, although they're not complete yet.
And now it's back to the full program schedule!

No comments: