Saturday, October 4, 2014

This Week at the Library; or, Blink! You missed it again!

Nobody is more surprised than me that our new children's
garden actually has produced a couple pumpkins!
What's happening - in my head and at the library
  • I went on vacation again, so this week was only Monday and Tuesday for me. It's a weird, weird sensation to actually take more than one or two days off.

Program
  • Toddlers 'n' Books (2 sessions)
  • Books 'n' Babies
  • Lego Club
What the kids are reading
  • Red dot easy readers - little do the parents and kids know, I have stickered my easy readers with no discernible system. So they are not actually getting leveled books. Mwa ha ha.
  • I had a whole list of dragon books ready to recommend to a kid whose mom was bringing him in for this express purpose...and he's into ninjas now. Sigh. He will get into stuff if he's made to start it, so I gave him Fire Within, Nathaniel Fludd, and Island of Thieves.
  • One of my voracious readers a couple minutes before closing needed ANYTHING to read - gave her Sam Angus' latest, the one with the horse, and Lisa Graff's Absolutely Anything, then she saw there was a new Land of Stories and grabbed that.

No comments: