Saturday, August 15, 2015

This week at the library; or, Reorganizing my head

More board book prizes! Just got a
check and added lots. 
What's going on; in my head and at the library
  • The big news this week was that my associate had her baby last Sunday! He came about a month early, so we really should have planned that baby shower a little earlier....I had to recalculate my to do list, but now she'll be back earlier in the fall, hopefully, which will be nice.
  • Lots of volunteers showed up this week, as did ridiculous amounts of books. Sometimes volunteers make things go faster and sometimes they....don't. Not that they're not helping, but it takes time to supervise etc. And, of course, the dang inventory scanner always acts up. This year it's the wifi connection *mutter*. I finally decided to be done with inventory on Thursday, even though we hadn't done any of the juvenile fiction and nonfiction or the bulk of the picture books. I just couldn't take it any more.
  • I took Friday off to go down to Chicago and meet two of my siblings who are up to spend the weekend with me. Fortunately, zoos and food is the height of their expectations because that's about what I do for fun....
Some Projects Completed/In Progress This Week
  • Staff meeting, training new employee, scheduling
  • Supervising inventory, pool noodle project, shelving
  • Program scheduling and supply orders
  • Reviewing marketing
  • Cleaned off my desk
  • Shifting, weeding and moving juvenile fiction back to storage (additional summer titles)
Ongoing and New Stealth Programs and Displays
What the kids are reading; A Selection
  • Chi's Sweet Home - she's read them all so I recommended Miss Annie
  • Dirt bikes - I only have motocross
  • Berenstain Bears
  • Easy books for a beginning reader
  • A to Z mysteries
  • Princess Curse by Merrie Haskell (we don't own)
  • Evil lexiles
  • Book for a 3rd grader - Magic Thief

No comments: