Saturday, January 12, 2019

This week at the library; or, Now things are really getting started

Rainbow girls! The metallic and fluorescent biocolor was
very popular!
What's Happening at the Library
  • Monday
    • Paws to Read
    • Department Managers Meeting
  • Tuesday
    • Toddlers 'n' Books (2 sessions)
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
  • Friday
    • Anime Club
    • Free Lego Build
  • Saturday
    • All the colors of winter: An art extravaganza
  • Worked 41 hours: 20 hours on desk: 7 programs
Enough vacation. Let's get back to work. No, I did not do 8 straight storytimes, two dance parties, and an after school activity on Wednesday. I only did four storytimes and after school, an associate did four storytimes and my school colleague did the dance parties. For the after school activity I took air-dry clay for their paleontology theme and we made our own fossils (and unicorns, pinch pots, etc.). Plus books!
Finished weeding the ya fiction. So many perfectly nice books had to go. I wish there was an equivalent of Wimpy Kid for teens so we could buy a couple shelves of those and then feed our circ numbers off that and get interesting stuff for the rest of the collection. I spent about an hour Friday night looking through statistics from our consortium and playing with spreadsheets...
Saturday's program was basically lots of paint! I had biocolor, tempera, paper, stickers, markers, scissors, magnet, glitter finger paint, and a few other things. My staff worked super hard to set up, keep things clean during, and clean up afterwards. I finished paperwork, filled one more cart to weed on Monday, and went home!

No comments: