Saturday, March 23, 2019

This week at the library; or, In which many more things happen

Happening at the library
  • Monday
    • Paws to Read
    • Manager's Meeting
    • Installation of new circulation/information desk
  • Tuesday
    • Toddlers 'n' Books (2 sessions)
    • District Battle of the Books
    • VIP volunteers
    • What's Next: Teen Tech (special needs teens and young adults)
    • Installation of new circulation/information desk
  • Wednesday
    • Early literacy outreach storytimes: Rain (3 sessions)
    • Library on the Go: First grade (2 sessions)
    • Winter Wigglers: Fit Kids (2 sessions)
  • Thursday
    • Books 'n' Babies
    • Book Explosion: Minecraft
  • Friday
    • Free Lego Build
  • Worked 24.5 hours; 16 hours conference; 10 hours on desk; 6 programs
Notes of interest
  • Yes, we had a major installation of a new combined circulation/information desk.
  • I went in early on both Tuesday and Wednesday - the former at 8am to get BOB started and the latter for school visits which start around 8:30.
  • A LOT of kids, teachers, and people in general have flu or related plagues. I seem to have collected the respiratory thing that's going around. Better than the stomach virus I guess *knock on wood*.
  • I left on Thursday for kidlitcon and when I get back will be out for the week of spring break as will most of my staff. One teen aide and one associate will be doing craft-o-rama, free lego build, and Paws to Read and my associate is doing her first big teen program - Cupcake Wars!
  • So I'll be back in April.

No comments: