Tuesday, December 20, 2022

RA RA Read: Back to school books

I created this list in 2019 and have since made a Pinterest board with similar and more updated categories here. I've also moved onto a different model since many of my teachers do the classroom book-a-day challenge and so I supply a basket per classroom each month, approximately 200 books. 

I have a number of teachers, primarily in 3rd-5th grade, who ask me to select picture books for their classes to read as they go back to school. The choices I've collected here are mostly outside the "usual" picks for back to school and more than what can be found by using the library catalog and searching for the keyword "school." Yes, I am feeling a little sarcastic this week. Also, if this seems late to post this, just be aware that our schools go back after Labor Day.

Inspirational
  • What if by Samantha Berger
  • When you are brave by Pat Miller
  • I got next by Daria Peoples-Riley
  • I have an idea by Herve Tullet
  • Because by Mo Willems
  • Day you begin by Jacqueline Woodson
Tolerance, Cooperation, and Kindness
  • Little guys by Vera Brosgol
  • You are never alone by Elin Kelsey
  • My two blankets by Irena Kobald
  • Bear came along by T. Morris
  • I'm new here; Someone new by Anne Sibley O'Brien
  • All are welcome by Alexandra Penfold
  • My footprints by Bao Phi
Joy of learning
  • I'm trying to love math by Beverly Barton
  • Small world by Ishta Mercurio
  • Count on me by Miguel Tanco
Funny back to school books
  • Truth about my unbelievable summer; Truth about my unbelievable school by Davide Cali
  • We don't eat our classmates by Ryan Higgins
  • Pterodactyl show and tell by Thad Krasnesky

No comments: