Saturday, September 14, 2019

This week at the library; or, Outreach begins

What's happening at the library
  • Monday
    • Books for Bedtime
    • Managers' Meeting
  • Tuesday
    • Toddlers 'n' Books (2 sessions)
    • VIP Volunteers
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
    • Books 'n' Babies
    • Open Storytime
  • Friday
  • Saturday
    • Day of Action (volunteers)
  • Worked 40 hours; 11 hours on desk; 12 programs
Notes
  • I said I was cutting back on outreach this fall. I lied. Projects this week:
    • Bills
    • Budget, staffing and other stuff for next year
    • Cataloging
    • Collection development - almost done with the neighborhoods, just two sub-categories left to update. Tub books done.
    • Painting the storyroom.
Collection Development Notes
  • 18 four year olds went into hysterical laughter when I read Higgins' Be Quiet!
  • Had a kid ask for Hades Speaks! I'm guessing as a result of the new read-alike bookmarks I put out by the Rick Riordan books.
  • Realized a key problem with doing a display about how books help you travel to other lands is the singular lack of juvenile fiction set in other lands...
  • Another obsessive reader tackling all the Who Was books and another request to put them all together.
  • 5th graders - Basketball fiction
  • Homeschool family wanted math overviews/simple math. I've never found anything that I really felt worked in that area.
  • I thought we had all the Avatar: The last airbender movies but apparently not.

No comments: