Saturday, September 21, 2019

This week at the library

Happening this week:
  • Monday
    • Paws to Read
    • Girl Scouts
    • D&D Gaming
  • Tuesday
    • Toddlers 'n' Books (2 sessions)
    • Library on the Go: OPtions
    • Book Explosion: Realistic Graphic Novels
    • VIP volunteers
  • Wednesday
    • Wonderful Wednesday
    • Consortium youth services meeting
  • Thursday
    • Books 'n' Babies
    • Library on the Go: OPtions
  • Friday
    • Free Lego Build
  • Worked 40 hours; 13.5 hours on desk; 1 program
Projects and Notes
  • This week's projects
    • Collection development and weeding (easy readers)
    • Cataloging
    • Updating maker kits
    • Dealing with stuff. Where does all the stuff come from? I do not know.
  • Collection development notes
    • I put together a list of books relating to food for a summer school class last year. Some of the teens who worked with that class came back looking for the same titles to use in their child development classes.
    • Reader's advisory for reluctant/struggling readers, kids whose parents want them to move away from fantasy/comics/Dogman/Wimpy Kid, younger middle grade (Hardy Boys too scary), audiobooks for family listening.
    • Teacher request for sports books with very specific parameters - internet librarians to my rescue!
    • Owl Diaries, Nutmeg and Tumtum, Todd Strasser
    • Small child wanting "the whale book" that I read them at school (I'm the biggest thing in the ocean) I lent them my professional copy.
    • School request from 4th graders for Janet Tashjian's My life as a... and Branches Monkey and Me.
    • Need to go through teacher requests and fill in some classic picture books I am missing, if they are still in print.

No comments: