Saturday, February 8, 2020

This week at the library; or, Book Club Week

I would not like to think that anyone missed this moment
I present: the bandage in the book
Happening this week
  • Monday
    • Open Storyroom
    • Paws to Read
    • Girl Scouts
    • D&D
    • Manager's Meeting
  • Tuesday
    • Toddlers 'n' Books
    • Library on the Go: OPtions
    • Rock 'n' Read
    • VIP volunteers
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
  • Friday
    • Book Fanatics
    • Teen D&D
    • Free Lego Build
  • Saturday
    • A Valentine for you
  • At work 41 hours; 9.5 hours on desk; 9 programs
Notes
  • Between All the Book Clubs, I am working on figuring out the new report/statistics requirements, end of month reports, and still weeding the juvenile fiction. Also prep for the Maker Faire coming up. I still have a miserable cough and illness stalks the library like a... sick thing coughing on everybody (no, I'm not coughing on everyone. I just need more sleep and lots of staff are sick and we have a major upsurge in behavior issues, and it's not a good start to the month)
  • In addition to updating the toys and kits, I'm putting together more detailed instructions for my staff for cleaning and keeping them updated.
  • Craft notes: J took stamp art to OPtions and they loved it. I did washi tape on reading notebooks with Book Fanatics. I had a large group (8 I think) but had to kick out a kid halfway through and probably should have made others leave earlier too. I did get some of them to check out books though.
Collection Development
  • Very pleased that I filled a school request for animal books and had multiples on every animal! Well, except camels.
  • Teacher request for a student who loved Stella Diaz has something to say. Put the next book in the series on hold, Lola Levine, Bea Garcia, Dessert by Durand, Frankie, and Sarai.
New/updated circulating toys and kits

No comments: