Sunday, August 2, 2020

This week at the library; or, Week 20 of the pandemic

These nasturtiums were in a pot that was mysteriously tipped over and then randomly dragged across the lawn. I still have no idea what was going on there. I transplanted them from the pot to mulch below it and expected them to die, since it was A. mostly mulch and B. nasturtiums are generally not too thrilled at being transplanted. But they grew and grew and blossomed enthusiastically! Here's hoping my department and I can emulate this flexibility in trying circumstances!

I'm trying to settle into a more regular schedule, but things keep happening! We are definitely going to open the youth services area to browsing by appointment next week, so there's a lot of work to be done to get ready there. I also want to catch up on our take home bags so I don't end up staying 2 hours late trying to finish them on a Saturday again. There's still trash and recycling in the basement, which one of my aides has been faithfully hauling out a little bit of every week, and every time I think I've got all the toys set up, I find more. Our school has announced their reopening plan and we are working to adapt and support families and teachers as quickly as possible.

To anyone who thinks we are not busy, consider yourself lucky I am wearing a mask and you can't see my face.

No comments: