Sunday, January 17, 2021

This week at the library

I rarely do displays myself, but when I do they generally involve nonfiction. This one is a series of quotes from famous Americans - Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln, Ida B. Wells, Obama, RBG, etc. and I spent a lot of time picking non-controversial ones that nobody could object to (well, they CAN object, but they won't have a leg to stand on)

Then on the shelf next to the bulletin board, I have a diverse range of nonfiction about these and other American events and people. There's also copies of the quotes for people to take - each quote includes a list of books to learn more about the person. I'm proud of the diversity in my nonfiction/history collection and I think this is a great way to showcase it without getting into political arguments.

Virtual Programs

  • 4 virtual storytime sessions for 4K
  • 3 virtual library sessions for OPtions (1st, 2nd, 3rd/4th)
  • Live virtual storytime (no attendees - recorded for later use)
Other projects
Professional development
  • Penguin young readers spring 2021 preview
I am still working on the 2020 report for my department, but just didn't have time to give it attention this week with the number of virtual library visits, 7th grade project, and only about 4 hours of remote work available.

No comments: