Sunday, January 24, 2021

This week at the library


 

Virtual programs

  • 2 school visits
  • 1 live storytime
Projects
  • Processing new books - donations, books needing call #, easy reader leveling
  • Processing new books - new stickers, adding to Pinterest, placing holds for readers
  • Placing holds
    • I WISH there was some way to place blanket holds in our system, but there is not. Our delivery is delayed due to the pandemic as well. My 7th grade teachers are not going to need multiple copies of all the books on the list I selected for them, but by the time we know which ones it will be too late to request them in time, so I placed literally hundreds of holds. Then more holds for the high school. More holds for Bookaneers. More holds for February storytime themes. My hands hurt.
  • Misc. meetings - management, staff, planning
  • Ordering supplies
  • YS annual report
    • Yes, I was procrastinating, I determined to FINISH it this week and I did.
  • Various weeding and shifting projects
Professional Development
  • Smithsonian: Natural history at home 'Stripes of all Types'

No comments: