Sunday, February 14, 2021

This week at the library


 

Virtual Programs

  • 8 virtual school visits
  • 1 virtual storytime
Projects
  • Continuing to shift and weed juvenile nonfiction
Professional Development
  • Webinar: Get ready to read with Simon & Schuster
    • I appreciate seeing how they organize their levels, but unless your entire early reader section is ONLY their books, it's not really helpful for parents, because every publisher is different. We do put general levels on our early readers, to make it quicker and easier for caregivers.
  • Webinar: Fall in love with new nonfiction from Scholastic
    • Very excited to find out the new book from Scholastic Focus, Dana Church's bee book, is about bumblebees! I love the bumbles!

Winter has finally hit with subzero temperatures. This has put a damper (literally) on our winter storywalk, which got wet in a snowstorm. I've looked into a collaboration with our rec. department for a permanent installation at one of our parks, but I'm just too swamped with work right now to pursue it. Fortunately, another staff member has stepped up to the plate and is taking it on! On my own front I'm working on cleaning up and updating my blog - I haven't really decided if I want to go in a new direction, but I know I definitely want to clean things up. I've been transferring old reviews to Flying off my Bookshelf and just generally moving things around. I also had a very exasperating catastrophe when my indoor plant shelf fell over.




No comments: