Sunday, June 20, 2021

This week at the library; or, If I wanted to live in a burning wasteland I would have stayed in Texas

at least the portulaca is enjoying itself


 Ahem. It is an unusually hot and dry start to summer here in Wisconsin and I am frankly miserable. I thoroughly empathize with all the people who don't even have the small, partial a/c that I do. I am thankful that I only booked myself to do a monthly outdoor program and the other staff doing outdoor stuff have a much higher heat tolerance than I do.

Programs

  • Dungeons & Dragons (Jess)
  • Family Storytime (2 sessions) (Pattie)
  • Kite days in Tasch Park (me, reluctantly, although the heat wasn't bad but I did get burned)
  • We Explore Art: Julie Paschkis (me, at least it wasn't outdoors, not that the community room is much cooler)

No comments: