- Experiment with science concepts and materials
- Build fine motor skills
- Build STEM skills
- Recyclables (cut-up egg cartons, paper tubes)
- Pipe cleaners
- Popsicle sticks
- Googly eyes
- Tissue paper
- Glue and/or tape (or glue dots)
- Heavy scissors
- How to build an insect by Roberta Gibson
How it worksIf time and the program set-up allow, I read the book, discussing the different parts of an insect. Then the kids use their supplies to build their own insects.
- September 2021
- After school/wrap-around (2 sessions, approx. 15 kids each)
- A lot of the kids were way more interested in making beaded bracelets, etc. or running around after school, which was fine. We had to adapt without glue or tape at one session and poked the pipe cleaners through the styrofoam egg cartons.
- May-June 2021
- 4th grade classes (part of pre-school visits)
- We pre-packed bags of materials and gave out glue dots. They went a little crazy with the glue dots.
Post a Comment