Sunday, January 30, 2022

This week at the library


Programs
  • Paws to Read
  • Pokemon Club
  • Outreach storytimes (8 sessions)
  • Family Storytime
  • Lapsit
  • Dungeons and Dragons
  • Maker workshop: Candlemaking
Projects
  • Catching up on new materials, school requests, planning craft projects through May for Pokemon Club and book clubs.
Narrative
  • I don't do all those programs. Some I schedule/prep/collect materials for and other staff do the actual presentation, others I do in concert with staff. Including myself and two aides, 7 people were involved in offering the programs this week.
  • This was my first time being a DM (I've also never played D&D) and it went pretty well, although apparently I gave the kids waaaay too much stuff. I'll have to take it away in a series of disasters in the next session.
  • We haven't done candlemaking in a few years, but we picked it up quickly. My staff and I experimented with gel wax and we'll add that in next time - this time we stuck with soy but added scents.

No comments: