Sunday, February 6, 2022

This week at the library

small selection of kids playing with puppies

Programs
  • Paws to Read
  • Aquanauts
  • Family Storytime
  • Teen outreach
  • Lapsit
  • Bookaneers
  • Live reptile program
It was quite a week. I ran two book clubs (I picked a sewing project for Aquanauts excepting the kids who came before and can sew and got three kids who weren't into/had no idea how to sew. Anyways, everything was blotted out by Friday, when I got an early morning email that it was too cold to bring out the reptiles. We had a day off school and my staff scrambled around like crazy to change things around and do paint and Legos instead, thankfully our volunteer from the animal shelter showed up with puppies, because we had over 100 people!! It FELT like 200, but I'm pretty sure it was around 100. Phew. I finished up the tentative selections for Battle of the Books after I got home and then I'm off until next Thursday and I'm not going to do any work!

1 comment:

Test said...

Paws to Read sounds challenging, but at least there are puppies. You must have a lot of patience-- I tried to teach middle school students to sew, but they couldn't even thread needles or make knots. That was eye opneing. Hope you have a restful break.