The theme for this field trip is art and making mistakes.
It requires a minimum of two staff but four are preferable, 2 outside and 2 inside. After testing it out, I wouldn't do checkout with this grade.
Preparation and supplies:
- Indoors: Set up tables in rows, cover with white paper (colored pencils)
- Outdoor activities
- Fingerpaint, giant fingerpaint shapes
- Hula hoops and jump ropes
- Pools with water (doubles to clean off and for wet chalk drawing.
Indoors: The kids start drawing and roughly every 30 seconds I ping a bell and they move around the table and continue drawing(progressive drawing) I also do read-alouds, some booktalks, and a summer reading promotion.
- The book of mistakes by Corinna Luyken
- I can only draw worms by Will Mabbitt
Notes from 2019
- It's easiest to have all the outdoor activities available and then teachers can say if they're up for painting or not. One of my associates runs the outdoor portion and I think they draw hopscotch or other games or something. This year I added the option for checkout, if they had a library card, but it's too chaotic. The main drawback of this program is that if the weather doesn't cooperate it does not translate at all well to being moved to the school. If I have to move to a school again in future, I will do continuous drawing by giving each kid a piece of paper and a colored pencil and then having them hand it to the kid on their right when the bell pings and will not try to do checkout.
Post a Comment