Sunday, May 22, 2022

This week at the library

 Programs

  • 5th grade field trip (2 sessions, approx. 65 kids)
  • STEM challenge: Whirligigs (after school visit)
  • Grow a Story
  • Lapsit
  • 1st grade field trip (2 sessions, approx. 80 kids)
  • 2nd grade school visit (3 sessions)
  • Kindergarten field trip (1 session, approx 60 kids)
Other projects and outreach
  • Mini school art show
  • Elementary school end of school year extravaganza
  • Interview for new adult services librarian
I am so tired. In addition to continuing work on the picture books, school visits, marathon interview sessions, and the 101 small things that come up every day, I also worked two closing desk shifts and basically spent 10-12 hours a day at the library. The small apartment building I live in was having the insulation replaced and we had to vacate because of the fumes for a week. My landlord put up those of us who couldn't stay with friends or travel (see school visits and interviews) in a very decent hotel. However, I cannot sleep in hotels and I wasn't going to just sit there anyways, so I figured I might as well go to work when I woke up at ungodly hours in the morning and stay late. I also painted my giant trellises in the library basement - on the bright side, it's so filthy down there that a little paint spatter (or a lot) is hardly noticeable. On the down side, my paint job is a bit... lumpy. However, outdoor trellises, doesn't matter. We finished all the interviews, the smell has mostly dissipated from my apartment building, I have a weekend to catch up on sleep, and we got a start weeding the library garden (also none of my own plants at home appear to have suffered).

No comments: