Sunday, July 31, 2022

This week at the library; Last official week of summer


Programs

  • Paws to Read
  • Wehr Nature Center: Buzz about bees
  • Family Game Night
  • Grow a Story
  • Pokemon Club
  • Junior and Teen volunteer party
  • Camp out at the library
Notes
  • This is officially the last week of summer. I oversaw the last Paws to Read before it resumes in the fall. The bee program was something new we were trying - the adult services staff put together a winery event that combined food, wine, and titles from multiple book clubs throughout the year and I offered a program for kids, the idea being that you dropped your kids off and went and drank wine. Oddly enough, I didn't get a lot of takers lol but the handful of people who came enjoyed it.
  • Family Game Night, which was just us putting out D&D and board games for people to play during the summer, has been a complete bust. It's nice that nobody wants to come without us there though!
  • I took Thursday off and the camp out was a nice, casual event.
  • It was nice to have a peaceful end to the summer - my director was off this week and I have a lot of things to juggle getting ready for the fall. I'm coming in Monday morning next week to change over summer reading and I have two more book clubs (one of which I doubt anyone will attend) and a concert in the park which will kick off our concert series in conjunction with the rec department. There's various outreach happening in August - a "break" is not truly ever a thing - but I won't have to worry about regular programs and marketing.

No comments: