Sunday, August 14, 2022

This week at the library

Programs

  • Mask-making with the Treehouse
    • This was a program we hosted - a local organization that supports children and families is having a fundraiser and they came to make masks to ramp up interest.
  • Library on the Go at Sunset Pool
  • Library on the Go at the school market
    • This is an event organized by a local food pantry - families can come get school supplies.
Notes
  • I attended the Play Make Learn conference on Monday and Tuesday and took Friday off, since I worked extra hours, including on Saturday when I went to help my aide set up for outreach and then back to cover the information desk. Normally, my aides are teens and wouldn't be running an outreach event on their own, but this particular aide is very experienced and just graduated from college, so she's not our typical teen aide (wonderful though most of those have been and awesome as the current ones are!).
  • I spent a lot of time writing up and processing my notes from the conference, catching up on the work that had accumulated over my day off August 5 and while I was at the conference, and mentally organizing and getting ready for my next projects.

No comments: