Sunday, March 5, 2023

This week at the library

My school colleague and one of my staff
testing out toys from a grant. (yes, they are both
more fun than I am. most people are.)
Programs

  • Paws to Read
  • Maker workshop (sewing for an outreach group)
  • Family storytime (2 sessions)
  • Outreach storytimes (3 sessions)
  • Family Fun (drop-in)
  • Pokemon Club
  • We Explore Nature
  • Project Explore
  • Bookaneers
  • Kids Make It: Sewing
  • TAB
  • Maker workshop: Candlemaking
Projects and notes
  • I managed to finish all the marketing and other projects due before March, but it will be another week or two before I really have time to get to work on summer planning, although I have done a few things, like lay out a tentative program schedule and book a couple performers. This week's goal, other than get through all the programming and usual duties, was to refresh my sewing materials and tools as I resume sewing workshops. I got a new ironing board and iron and spent most of my spare time on reorganizing the fabric and other materials. It was rather a lengthy week, with lots of things happening, tons of circulation, and lots of school requests.
  • I am still working on the lost/discard/missing list, will have a vast amount of school holds to sort on Monday, need to piece some fabric for a project one of my Kids Make It attendees is working on, and I should really get a start on summer stuff.

2 comments:

Test said...

Sounds like you are VERY busy. If it makes you feel better, I am probably even less fun than you are. I refuse to have toys (like Legos) in the library. Thankfully, the whole MakerSpace trend passed us by. I feel like if I had a bin of Legos in the library, it would be about seven days before someone threw up in it. Hope you make good progress on your many plans this week!

Jennifer said...

Lol, somebody did once projectile-vomit across the train table...