Sunday, March 12, 2023

This week at the library

Talking about bugs

Programs

  • Let off STEAM
  • Paws to Read
  • School art show
  • Family Storytime (2 sessions)
  • Outreach storytimes (9 sessions)
  • Family Fun (drop-in)
  • Anime Club
  • We Explore Nature
  • Dungeons and Dragons
  • Fact Finders
  • I like to move it
  • Kids make it: Sewing
Notes
  I should have scheduled an additional person for Monday night. I don't know why I forgot that the art show brings in several hundred people. D&D was a challenge, due to various issues (mostly the DMs feeling like crap and only a small part of our regular group attending) but we made it through. We got another storm on Thursday, but I still had a decent group at Fact Finders with an extensive discussion on bugs - the kids didn't want to leave! Only two sewers (and their grownups) at Kids make it, but I FIXED THE CLANKY MACHINE!! It's got a loose bobbin holder, which I replaced for $30, but it still makes a horrible clanking sound, and I took the whole thing apart and got it to sew smoothly! I'm working another Saturday, but only to go in for a meeting of our strategic planning committee. I have mixed feelings about the survey - I'm not in a good space right now to take the comments reasonably and with a grain of salt, but thankfully my director will do that for me.

No comments: