Sunday, February 18, 2024

This week at the library

We all have those programs that are super
successful but utterly exhausting. Pokemon Club
is it for my poor staff. I did change it so she
only has to do it once a month this year though!

Programs
  • Paws to Read
  • Family Storytime
  • Outreach storytimes (3 sessions)
  • Art with Heart (1 storytime, 1 drop-in session)
  • Family Storytime
  • Open Storyroom

Meetings, outreach, etc.
  • YS Unboxing Social
  • SRP activity kits meeting
  • New staff training
  • Maker Faire
Notes
  • This week was complicated and weird. I took Thursday off for some medical appointments which ended up going over onto Friday morning. At one point I just told the other staff to expect me and my staff when they saw us, we couldn't keep up with the changes. Only 3 actual participants came to the afternoon session of Art with Heart, but they definitely enjoyed themselves. I was also very grateful that our school colleague, who comes in for storytime, came in on Thursday evening though it was a partial no-school day, as that would have really put the lid on this week. The Maker Faire felt endless with only a couple people really stopping at our table - I think this will be the last year my department does this outreach. Another library department can take it over (and I'm not just saying that b/c there was a booth that was GIVING OUT WHISTLES).

2 comments:

Test said...

It was just a strange week, and I hope that next week will be a better one for you. I can't imagine a Pokemon club and all the work that must entail.

Jennifer said...

It's LOUD. I couldn't take the noise anymore and handed it over to my associate.