Sunday, April 14, 2024

This week at the library: I have returned (but not until after the eclipse and no, I totally didn't plan that really)

Programs
  • Paws to Read
  • Family storytime
  • 4K outreach storytimes
  • We Explore Nature
  • Kids/Teen Dungeons and Dragons
  • Family Storytime
  • Fact Finders
  • Teen Advisory Board
Meetings, outreach, etc.
  • National Library Week
  • 4-H (hosting)
  • Great Give-Back (sports teams volunteer day)
Notes
  • I returned to work on Wednesday the 10th, not only missing the eclipse, but also prevailing on my long-suffering associate to cover Dungeons and Dragons for me that evening, although she didn't end up needing to since only 3 kids showed. This week is very busy at school apparently. I only had one kid at Fact Finders, but they're a favorite of mine and I like hanging out with them, so it's cool.
  • I whipped through a lot of random stuff left on my desk and then immediately tackled the first steps in prepping for summer. I am dumping all the info into Canva templates and then my long-suffering associate is doing all the formatting.

2 comments:

Test said...

I've had students ask me if we could have a Dungeons and Dragons club at school, but all I know about the game is that it takes a WAY bigger time committment. I had a roommate who hosted war games in our apartment for a while, and just... no. Not my thing. I would rather clean bathroom grout with a toothbrush than spend an entire day on a RPG!

Jennifer said...

Apparently, if you are doing D&D correctly, you do it yourself and don't need adults lol. At least that's what my director keeps saying...