Sunday, August 4, 2024

This week at the library; or, Summer Week 9


Child decorating their box. Many,
many boxes were used!


Programs

  • Daycare outreach
Self-directed events etc.
  • SRP kit: yarn butterfly OR sewing softie
  • Builder's Week in the Storyroom
  • Lego Day
Notes
  • This week we switch over to our August programming. There is themed open play in the Storyroom during the week and Lego Day on Saturday, summer reading continues, and we'll have a simple raffle for donated prizes. I took a day off to make up for my long hours last week and for drs. apts. Yay.
  • Our circulation manager inspired us all to great efforts and we passed 20,000 in total circulation for the month of July - the highest number we've hit since March 2020!! She also rearranged the shelving carts in our workroom, in preparation for some rearrangements in staff and shelving workflows. We've been working on figuring out how we can handle the increasing circ without an increase, in fact with cuts, in staff time.
  • She's also been working on the budget with our director. I'm glad I got out of that one. My own budgetary researches have been reserved for trying to figure out why my discounts on Baker & Taylor are shrinking. Turns out that more publishers are listing their books as "reinforced" instead of "hardcover" which makes the difference between a 20% or a 40% discount. Urgh. I'd complain to.... somebody... but I don't know who. I am definitely skeptical that the books are any more sturdily bound - and regardless, I'd prefer the cheaper books!
This past week was, theoretically, supposed to be for recovery from the previous week, but with doctor's appointments and stuff I'm still just as tired. I should be doing laundry and getting through my review stack and other things but I'm just... tired. I'll feel better once it cools off a bit and maybe I'll take some time off to catch up.

A few books on my review stack


No comments: