Sunday, October 20, 2024

This week at the library

Part of the audience for Preschool Fun. We fit
115 people in there!

Programs
  • Paws to Read
  • Family Storytime
  • Preschool Fun: Hoo's Woods
  • Teen Engagement
  • Family Storytime
  • Project Explore
Self-directed and drop-in programs
  • Lego Day
  • Pumpkin activity
Meetings, Hosted events, etc.
  • Managers' meeting
  • Staff Work Day
  • WiLSWorld Shorts: Data decoded
Notes
  • The two big events this week were Preschool Fun and our staff work day. Previously, my school colleague has held the preschool fun/family fun nights at the school, but attendance was not as robust as we'd like, so we're trying them out at the library this year. There was a shortened presentation by Hoo's Woods (local raptor rehab and rescue) and then crafts and activities with the 4K teachers. I arranged my schedule to be at the youth desk that evening.
  • I reorganized my staff for the work day so we started later and that way I could use some of the aides who aren't available until after school. I did a lot of work on my collection development project - and managed to get it to a good stopping point, as I'll be off next week. The other project I really wanted done was to remove the "1,000 books before kindergarten" words from our Read and Grow wall. I have really been trying to get folks to think of this program as being for listeners, of any age, with no deadlines. This will also make things clearer for folks who visit from other libraries and are confused that we have a different program.

No comments: