Storytime 10-15 minutes
- If you time this right, the kids can draw on the back of their bingo sheets while they listen.
- Fox in the library by Lorenz Pauli
- The Midnight library by Kazuno Kohara
- Both stories work well for discussing different things/places in the library
Bingo Scavenger Hunt 15-20 minutes
- Explain how the game works
- Stay in the children's area
- Try not to run and yell
- Mark off the pictures on your bingo sheet with the crayon, then get a sticker and turn your crayon in for a penny for the wishing well
- The bingo game is a bunch of pictures of things in the children's area, scrambled. We usually have to redo it each time b/c things change.
- You can either have them find everything and get one sticker or actually mark off lines of pictures and get multiple stickers. Depends on how much time you have.
- I like to offer the kids free playtime if possible, in the play area and/or Storyroom.
- Make sure you mark off the children's area with tape lines so they know where to stay.
- You need to know the teachers - this can get chaotic and some aren't comfortable with that.
- Have a whistle on hand to call everyone back.
Post a Comment