Friday, May 13, 2022

In short, I am busy: Art Workshop: Puppetry

  Program Goals

    • Encourage creativity and problem-solving
    • Allow children to experience different art products and styles
    • Develop fine motor abilities
Project: Felt puppets
  • Purchased kits from Discount School Supply
Project: Sock puppets
  • Recycled and purchased socks
General puppet supplies
  • styrofoam plates, dixie cups, small paper plates
  • paper tubes, popsicle sticks (different sizes)
  • googly eyes, buttons
  • stickers, sparkles
  • rods (purchased from craft store and walmart)
  • yarn, felt
  • handmade paper (donated)
  • permanent markers, fabric markers, regular markers
General Tools
  • Scissors, staplers
  • Hot glue, glue dots, white glue (cardboard for hot glue)
  • Duct tape, packing tape, regular tape
Evaluation
  • 9-12-17
    • Attendance: 17
    • Notes: I don't normally repeat a program this fast, but I had such a small group that I wanted to do it again. And use up the materials!
  • 6-15-17
    • Attendance: 13
    • Notes: I had originally planned this to go along with a puppet show where the puppeteers show the kids how they make all the puppets out of various materials. Unfortunately, I had to get a different puppet show that didn't have the variety, but I still promoted the puppet making program. It's really hot and I think it's time to mix up our summer offerings. The people who came loved it, but it was a very small group.

No comments: