Sunday, May 15, 2022

This week at the library


Programs

  • Paws to Read
  • Dungeons and Dragons
  • Pokemon Club
  • Family storytime (2 sessions)
  • 2nd grade field trip (2 classes)
  • Lapsit
  • 1st grade school visit (3 sessions)
  • Battle of the Books
School visits start this week. Our job opening closed and there were meetings of the hiring committee, we are getting down to the wire for summer reading plans, and the school Battle of the Books came off on Saturday, very successfully. This was the last family storytime from Miss Pattie, my school colleague who is retiring, I am organizing a schedule that looks like a military operation, and I am still working my way through the picture book weeding and development.

On my own side, I finished a quilt for one of my staff's graduation, took my mom to the last of her appointments and sent her off on vacation, and prepared for my own week away (our landlord is doing extensive repairs to the small apartment building where I live). I am not going on vacation, incidentally. There are more school visits, interviews, and other excitements.

Also we had a miserable heat wave and I really wish it had worked out that we vacated the building this week so we could have been at a hotel with nice air-conditioning!

No comments: