Sunday, August 7, 2022

This week at the library

Family concert at the historic bandshell. I take horrible
pictures, but there's about 30 kids from the park day camp
crammed up against the stage in the shade. The community pool is behind
us, and another day camp was listening in from there, plus kids playing to the right.

Programs

  • Jen and the Jellyfish (concert in the park)
  • Aquanauts (no attendees)
  • Bookaneers
Notes
  • This was the last week of library programs. I switched summer reading  - we will be giving away leftover take-home kits and people are picking out their free books and fair tickets. There is a raffle for quilts made by a Friends member and some random things we have acquired that will run through August. I had a brief meeting with my staff on how summer went - next year I'm going to streamline a few things, but otherwise it went well. Interestingly, we actually had more adult than kid participants!
  • Last year we co-sponsored a series of evening concerts in the local park. This year, I kicked off the series with a family matinee in the afternoon. It went very well and I only got mildly sunburned. We had a good turnout at the adult/all ages concert in the evening even though it was National Night Out (one of the reasons I didn't get attendees for Aquanauts - I'm going to cancel that book club anyways though).
  • I have a lot of things that will need to be done soon, but I took Friday off and did my best not to work. Next week will be soon enough.

No comments: