Sunday, September 25, 2022

This week at the library

I'm lucky to have colleagues that are versatile.
This is one of our adult services associates
subbing for lapsit while my school colleague
is unavailable.

Programs

  • Paws to Read
  • We Explore Outdoors: Leaves
  • Lego Challenge
  • Fit Kids
  • Project Explore
  • Lapsit
  • Bookaneers
  • TAB
  • Ghosts in the Graveyard (teens after hours)
Notes
  • The week did not start out well, as I got what is probably a sinus infection over the weekend and called out Monday. Thankfully my great staff covered my evening shift and our head of circ stepped in to cover Tuesday morning storytime. The sub subbing for the sub so to say.
  • One of the projects I've been working on is reading buddies. I purchased a number of children's book themed stuffed animals for circulating reading buddies, inspired by Cynthia Lord's Book Buddies. (which, incidentally, I would TOTALLY buy stuffed animals from if they ever made them...) I mostly got Kohls Cares for Kids and MerryMakers animals. Then, I decided to add reading buddies as a prize to our Read and Grow: 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten which I'm hoping to revamp in the new year, along with relaunching Reading Explorer. My associate and I are making these by hand, which isn't something I'd usually do, but we both like to sew.

No comments: