Sunday, May 21, 2023

This week at the library

~60 first graders listening to stories.

Programs

  • Paws to Read
  • Family Storytime (2 sessions)
  • Family Fun (drop-in)
  • We Explore Nature
  • Lakeland School field trip
  • Late Bookaneers
  • Teen escape room
  • Kindergarten field trip (2)
  • 1st grade field trip
Notes
  • First day of field trips and potentially the most grueling, excepting possibly next Tuesday with 4 back to back 4th grade classes. I really made an effort this year not to schedule different groups on the same day, but I had to do this one day to squish everybody in and the 1st grade could only come between the two kindergartens. All of our feet hurt at this point. I also had a pre-field trip meeting with my staff (at which I realized that I had neglected to send out the information for library cards for the groups coming NEXT WEEK so I am going to seriously owe the circulation staff who are going to be making cards hand over fist), a managers' meeting, mostly checking in on summer and catching up on a few details, including updates on our security camera situation and a big grant we just got, and I also completely redid my reader's advisory form and got an updated slate of subscribers.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What is your reader's advisory form? (Amy U.)

Jennifer said...

It's a google form - I keep the responses and pick out books for the kids/families based on their interests and what they've read in the past. https://forms.gle/hVzpi3R7ZRSvfhV4A