Sunday, June 18, 2023

This week at the library; second week of summer reading

Some projects at Project Explore

Programs

  • Paws to Read
  • Family Storytime (2 sessions)
  • Project Explore
  • Summer Book Club
Notes
  I started the first two weeks of summer reading with minimal programs, since so many of my staff are gone. We've been pretty steadily busy, especially in the mornings, and have had very good numbers for people picking up summer reading materials. I was thinking I'd overestimated the coupon books for tweens & teens - I printed 100 - but I ended up giving out nearly all of them and I might even have to print more. About half our distribution of kids/family summer reading materials went to a school and a 2nd grade field trip (~100 kids). I'm seeing some of the kids from the school and most of them... have lost their reading materials between the end of school and returning to the library. Oh well. Hopefully some of them will eventually find and/or show them to their grownups.

No comments: