Sunday, September 8, 2024

This week at the library; or, The first week of fall programming

New cushions,
demonstrated by my aide.
Programs

  • We Explore storytime (2 sessions)
Outreach, self-directed programs, meetings, etc.
  • Open Storyroom
  • Managers' meeting
Notes
  • We're closed for the holiday on Monday and school resumes on Tuesday. I kept programs this fall at a minimum, and I'm working hard to remind myself to focus on the backlog of projects that need to be done and not feel like I'm slacking because we don't have a calendar that's packed full! My associate is starting storytime while my school colleague is busy with back to school tasks, especially hearing and vision screening for the 4Ks. We decided to differentiate this by calling her programs "We Explore" and when Esther takes over at the end of the month we'll go back to "Family Storytime."
  • Our circulation department is very understaffed and the schedule kind of collapses when anybody is absent. We're working on some different solutions for that; meanwhile, I am helping out by onboarding the new circulation aide (we reclassified one youth aide as a circulation aide) and we'll be onboarding a third aide next week. I really don't need two aides, with the simplification of the programs I am now doing and it made more sense to combine all the shelving into a whole and move them under the circulation department.

No comments: