The things just keep on coming. It turns out part of the reason I felt so miserable the latter half of July was because I was actually sick. Yay. The weather has also been very fun. (I am still feeling fairly miserable and very sarcastic.)
While we finished the month's programs, including several huge events with our school colleague, the last performers, and a lot of teen volunteers, I continued planning for the fall. I have already started collecting some teen feedback and will be doing a survey for families in August. I am writing a report on the space use and changes that need to be made. There are some things that need to be done that I cannot (and do not want to) DIY. I am also chronically behind on collection development projects.
In August we will continue summer reading through the 22nd. We don't have any performers or big programs and will not be doing any teen events or volunteering, but we'll do a couple storytimes each week and drop-in activities so there is still something going on every day, Monday - Friday. I will be doing storytimes, which I haven't done in a long time. We are also going to be having one last round of construction at the entrance.
I'm hoping we can start getting some of the program spaces organized, but staff will be on vacation and I am just physically and mentally exhausted. We won't be resuming programs until late September, so we can work on it then.
Summer reading overall has worked very well - there are only a couple minor updates I will make next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment