I originally had called this section "interactive" books and included most of the I Spy type books here as well. However, most of my patrons had no idea what "interactive" meant and it was too long, so I changed it to books meant to play with. I do have a genre sticker for I Spy books which I use in and out of this section.
Recommended/Favorite Interactive Books for Storytime
- Count the monkeys by Mac Barnett
- Let's dance by Valerie Bolling, illustrated by Maine Diaz
- Silvia Borando
- Open up, please
- Shapes, reshape
- Stomp, wiggle, clap, and tap: my first book of dance by Rachelle Burk
- Don't push the button by Bill Cotter
- If you're a monster and you know it by Rebecca Emberley
- This book is magic by Ashley Evanson
- Watch out for the lion! by Brooke Hartman, illustrated by Anna Susbauer
- I will chomp you! by Jory John and Bob Shea
- David LaRochelle
- Go and get with Rex
- Mr. Fox's game of no
- Croc-a-doodle-doo by Huw Lewis Jones
- What's next door by Nicola O'Byrne
- Bouncing Bunnies by Fiz Osborne, illustrated by Tim Budgen
- Bunny slopes by Claudia Rueda
- How to count to 1 by Caspar Salmon, illustrated by Matt Hunt
- Do you know which ones will grow? by Susan Shea
- Recess by Lane Smith
- Herve Tullet
- Press Here
- Mix it up
- Let's play
- Shake the tree by Chiara Vignocchi
- Museum of shapes by Sven Volker
- How to wake up Piggy by Xu Pingping
I Spy/Seek-and-Find Books
- Have you seen elephant? and Have you seen dinosaur? by David Barrow
- Bustletown series by Rotraut Susanne Berner
- The Lost Christmas by b. b. cronin
- Dinosaur detective's search-and-find rescue mission by Sophie Guerrive
- I Spy series by Walter Wick/Jean Marzollo
- Find my favorite animals by by Clare Lloyd
- Spunky little monkey by Bill Martin Jr. and Michael Sampson, illustrated by Brian Won
- Welcome to the Rabbit Residence: a seek-and-find story by Haruka Nohana
- Who's hiding by Satoru Onishi
- Brown bear wood series by Rachel Piercey
- Penguin Pip's ice-cold seek-and-find book by Benten Pompen
- Where's Walrus? and Penguin? by Stephen Savage
- Spot-it challenge series by Sarah Schuette
- Look! a double book! 14 adventures to explore and discover by Bob Staake
- Look-alikes by Joan Steiner
- Where's the pair and One is not a pair by Britta Teckentrup
- Zebras in the city: seek and find! Thomas van Oostrum
Books to sing
- Baby Shark
- Monster Boogie by Laurie Berkner
- Frog trouble by Sandra Boynton
- Jane Cabrera
- Row row row your boat
- Here we go round the mulberry bush
- The itsy bitsy spider
- 5 little ducks by Denise Fleming
- Cat goes fiddle-i-fee by Paul Galdone
- Miss Mary Mack and The eensy weensy spider by Mary Ann Hoberman
- The animal song by Jonty Howley
- I'm still here in the bathtub by Alan Katz
- Babies on the bus by Karen Katz
- Wheels on the bus at Halloween by Sarah Kieley
- Sing by Joe Raposo
- All god's critters by Bill Staines
- Peanut butter and jelly by Nadine Westcott
Other titles I have reviewed
- This book is too quiet! You add the noise... by Cristina Cubells, illustrated by Joana Casals
- There's a monster in your book by Tom Fletcher, illustrated by Greg Abbot
- Danny Go's Volcano Adventure illustrated by Aleksandar Zolotic
- Watch this! a book about making shapes by Jane Godwin, Hilary Walker, and Beci Orpin
- What was it before it melted? by Kristen McCurry
- Cake for everyone by The Tjong-Khing
- Whose feet? A mix-and-match flip book by Sam Williams, illustrated by Ekaterina Trukhan
- Pet this book by Jessica Young, illustrated by Daniel Wiseman
- Play this book by Jessica Young and Daniel Wiseman

No comments:
Post a Comment