Saturday, October 3, 2026

September in review, looking forward to October


 Well. The month flew by - we didn't start programs until the end of the month, with TAB resuming on September 18th. Paws to Read won't start until October, as our volunteer is away. We've had a strong turnout for our morning STEAM activities and storytimes and very low turnout for afternoon events, other than the TAB meeting.

  There was no magical moment when the renovation was finished and everything was perfect. We are dealing with almost constant little issues like leaks and, of course, it's budget season which is always fun. My staff did major work on getting the program spaces organized - so far only the teens have used the Create Space, but I am working on collaborations to bring various groups in to use our spaces and we continue to have heavy traffic and a lot of circulation.

  My big nonfiction orders came in and I am working on several collection development projects, plus endless "little" things. We are somewhat settling into a routine, and I am looking at next year and summer as well, budget pending.

  October will see several of our staff off for long periods, I have to deal with a bunch of medical appointments for my mom. We'll continue to do a very simple slate of programming and focus on in-house activities, drop-in activities, and our space as a community hub.

No comments: